Re: rear discs was a Re: a revelation

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, NewNGsInfo@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear discs was a Re: a revelation
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:04:20 EST
In a message dated 11/22/2000 1:11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< I fail to see why rear discs are good. >>

I think it's a matter of philosophy.  If rear brakes will help stop you when
you want to be stopped, they are good.  As are rear drum brakes.  Therefore
rear disc brakes are not bad, they are good.  But in normal usage, they are
no better than drum brakes, since the front brakes (discs, Good!) take about
80% of the load in a forward stop.  Of course if you happen to be driving
backwards. . . .  <G>

--David C.