Re: single SU

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: single SU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:32:01 -0000
From Jeff Boatright <jboatri at emory.edu>
> Vizard claims that using a single 1.5" SU  or 1.75" SU vs the
> standard dual 1.25" SUs can have some advantages. What are the
> experiences of the list?
>
> If I recall correctly, Frank C tried it and did not like it. I think
> he said that a single HIF6 (1.75") ran about like a pair of
> well-tuned HS2s.
>
> Has anyone tried a single SU, if so, which one, what manifold, and
> what results?
>
> Cheers,

The standard fit of an HIF44 (1.75) on an Ital/Metro/Mini manifold is
reeeeeeeealy cheap and reeeeeeealy available, with a cast LCB and a cast
inlet a-la-MG Metro.  I'm told Mr Vizard regarded this very highly.
Certainly Rover group were very happy with it, having used it for so many
years as the standard fit.  Runs as standard on low and high comp 1275s with
standard and improved cam profiles.  More power from a standard Metro than
from a standard Spridget.  JPEG anyone ?(Not you Herb, that's already in
your file!)

Get my sister a job in the US and I'll post you one for free, Jeff!

Rob
(Brother of Dr Thomas, Phd Molecular Biology, Cambs)