Re: single SU

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: single SU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:03:18 -0800
I seems to me that the attraction of using a single SU is it's wide and
cheap availability in England and the fact that the Vizard book and others
are mainly intended for Mini owners who are upgrading their induction
system.
For a Sprite owner who has a pair of perfectly fine twin SUs, I don't think
it's worth buying another carb and manifold unless you are just sick of
synchronizing carbs..

Also consider the heritage.  The twin SUs were fitted arguably foremost to
"turn the motor into a sports car engine".  The Bugeye had very low hp out
of a plain sedan motor, but the dual carbs made it a sportscar :-)

That and the fact that a Sprite engine bay with a single SU just doesn't
look right to me :-)

--
http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9