Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:42:01 -0400
Kent

Mike is correct regarding the labelling to avoid duty - if clearly
marked as antique car parts no duty is assessed in Canada.  However, the
problem with UPS is that it tends to ignore such labelling and will
require the recipient to pay duty in order to receive the package and
the recipient then has to deal with the bureaucracy in getting duty
refunded.  I always avoid UPS and find some other alternative,
preferably post.  I know people that will even wait until they are
making a trip Stateside and have parts couriered to their hotel to avoid
UPS shipping across the border! Perhaps the recipient has a friend in
the US (or a Canadian friend about to visit) that can receive the
shipment and bring it back if US Post can't ship it.

Geoff Muttart
Nova Scotia, Canada
Bugeye Sprites
gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca