Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:40:35 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
At 12:24 PM 11/29/2000, Brad Fornal wrote:
>I sent a fender to Flori-Duh!! awhile back and our shipping dept. has a length
>of chain (similar to dog tag chain) that they put around the small end of the
>box and let it hang down. If it touches the floor, it will go. If it does not
>touch the floor, you need to try making the box again. If anyone wants to know
>the length of chain to make one of their own, let me know............... Brad

All....
         The chain is provided by UPS to their commercial accounts. It is a
lamp-pull chain with 3 "bells". The first is at 84" wherein any package
exceeding that in length and girth combined is considered oversize. The
second is at 108" which is the maximum length only. The third bell is at
130" which is the maximum length and girth combined.  I will say that these
dimensions can be exceeded with a "tip". The problem is at the receiving
end. I've actually had a package we were receiving being denied delivery by
the driver with the package in his truck. He sent it back. Guess I'm not a
good tipper.
         At any rate, for all of the reasons given before re: brokers fees,
etc. UPS would be my last choice.
         Peter C