Re: Tell us more was Re: single SU

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tell us more was Re: single SU
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:30:09 EST
Dan, All,

I used whatever jets that were in the carbs that i installed.  I'd have to
find out what they are if  anyone is doing similar.  You see, I was
experimenting and never found the HS6's reliable enough to go further. (they
did scream on occasion).  The HIF44's are still in "tune mode", but are
possibly a little too free breathing (they are supposed to be a little better
venturi's than the HS6).  All I can say right now is that they are worth
working on due to their consistent behavior.  With 100 octane on an AutoX,
they were not any concern!  I was having "a clean punch day"  The mounts
pictured on the website were reused from the HS6's, and minor adjustment of
the spacer blocks I built have got the 44's down under the bonnet.

Hope that helps,
John
http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm