RE: Desk-Top Dyno

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Desk-Top Dyno
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:32:32 -0500
Dave, Go to www.motionsoftware.com . Dyno works pretty good if you invest a
little time into properly setting up your dyno run. Takes a lot of guess
work out of picking cams, cubes, compression ratios etc. You can see how
each change affects your engine combo. I could not figure out why my solid
cammed wicked sounding small block ran like a "bread truck". It used to fly
with a mild hyd. cam. Ran all of the specs for both engine setups through
the program and found the answer. The "solid" setup was only putting out
about 200 hp and 275 ft lbs. While the hyd setup put out around the same hp
but had over 340 ft lbs of torque in the bottom end. it all showed in the
numbers.
Jaybird