RE: does my choke suck?

To: "'Ryan James Irwin'" <rirwin@iusb.edu>
Subject: RE: does my choke suck?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:52:05 -0600
Cc: "'Ron McLeod'" <mcleodco@swbell.net>, "'Skippy Harris'" <marinaman@aristotle.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Ryan, indeed there is a rather large concentration of LBC folks in
central Arkansas.  We have a very active "ALL MARQUE" club named BMCA for
British Motoring Club of Arkansas.  The club was chartered in early 1989
with about 12 or 13 original members.  We are now at a paid membership roll
of around 120 owning 150 LBC's or so.  Of course, not ALL these cars are on
the road at once.  We are heavy in the MG and Triumph marques with a bit
fewer big Healeys and Sprites, numerous Jags, Minis, English Fords, Jensens,
Berkleys, and the odd Lotus or two.  Usual attendance at monthly meetings is
around 50 or so and we have monthly events and/or tech sessions.  I
personally own a 62 big Healey, a 62 Sprite (both tastefully modified) and a
73 Austin Marina sedan.  Believe me, there are MANY kindred spirits here.
We even have a transplanted Hoosier.  Also, McLeod's British Cars nearby is
a repair-dismantler-used and new parts business.  Another repair and parts
business is The RPM Group in Benton, Arkansas.  Glad to have you coming to
Arkansas.  Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Jack Brashear
Little Rock, Arkansas
501-376-3633 office
501-847-4484 home