First Run!!!!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: First Run!!!!!
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:23:33 -0800
Took out the Bugeye for it's first run under it's own power since it
went off the road in 1976 today!  Sure it leaks oil from the filter
canister, sure it still needs the carbs tuned and synched, sure it still
leaks from the differential seal and sure it still leaks from the
steering rack, but hey what the heck.  I was tired of looking at it in
the garage.  I thought it was becoming a non-functional art work because
it had not moved for so long.
     What I found out was the shift lever binds during shifting.  Goes
into gear O.K., but moving the gear lever is difficult.  Boy does first
make noise, I forgot what they sounded like.  Another problem is the
clutch makes a rubbing noise in neutral that goes away when you step on
the clutch.  Any ideas?
     Also noticed the car leans on the driver's side quite noticeably,
especially when I'm in it.  Granted, I'm about 200 pounds, but I think
it leans too much.  Rear 1/4 ellipticals?  Peters rebuilt shocks work
perfectly.  Nice ride otherwise.  Still have not wiped the sh-t eating
grin off my face yet.  The sound of that exhaust was what I was missing
in my life.
   Starting off the New Year with a running Bugeye.  Wow!
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite