first start-again

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: first start-again
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 21:25:36 -0500
I rotated the gear for the distributor 1 tooth to the right - wouldn't
even fire. I rotated it 1 tooth the other way from where I had it
originally- again it wouldn't fire. The only place that it would run is
where I had it - which I now seem to have lost. I set the engine at TDC
with the inlet valve on 4 cyl. just opening and outlet just closing (as
instructed by Haynes) and the mark on the pulley is not even close to
the pointer on the timing cover. Any suggestions besides junking the car
, which may be next?