Re: Head Porting but no LBC

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: Head Porting but no LBC
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:39:07 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Keith

My squadron was the first USMC Helicopter unit invited to participate in red
flag back in '84.  I had the opportunity to fly two F-16 jocks out in the
Twin Huey on a gun hop (Twin GAU 2B miniguns with about 10,000 rounds of
ammo).  Our max altitude for the exercise was 200' but I never got over 100'.

100 knots at 50' with your legs hanging out of the open door and the fire
hose of death with a 2'000 or 4,000 round per minute trigger in each of their
hands.  You couldn't wipe the grin off their faces and I couldn't buy a beer
for the rest of the exercise.

The only thing better was driving my buddies "Texas Stallion" (Texas Cobra
replica with a 460 V8) 150+ in Ft Worth one night.

Curt Arndt
'55 BN1, '60 AN5
AA MD80/90 (450 knots in a jet is boring)

In a message dated 1/12/01 11:38:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, kturk@ala.net