got a PT-Cruiser

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: got a PT-Cruiser
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:16:06 -0800
I mentioned on the list several months ago that I was thinking about
getting a PT-Cruiser. Well after placing a deposit on a 'factory order'
last June, and then having my order cancelled by Chrysler about 3-weeks
before X-mas, I somehow manged to find one last Friday. As a last ditch
effort on getting one, I called around to some local dealers, and happen
to find one that had just come in, but hadn't been put on the lot yet,
so I was able to snatch it up. I did have to pay more than I really
wanted to, but for the area, I got a relatively good deal.
It's an 'inferno-red' Limited edition with an automatic tranny. It won't
win any races, but it sure drives nice, and looks great. The performance
is actually pretty resonable given the weight and HP, so I don't know
why so many people criticize the performance. Heck, I think it's at
least as fast from 0-60 as my sprite ;-)

Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye 1275)
San Jose, CA