Re: Visiting Bay Area in approx 1 week's time.

To: "Mike & Kerry Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, <NewNGsInfo@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Visiting Bay Area in approx 1 week's time.
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:08:03 +1100
Hi north left coasters,

I'm particularly interested in putting faces to the names, hopefully seeing
some of your cars in person,
discussing experiences with this and that part/technique, hearing your
restoration stories, drinking lots
of beer or wine and (optionally) eating nice food.

BTW, for folk that don't know me (I have been quiet for a couple of years
now), I have a
whole lot of spridgets including 2 competition cars in active use:

1380cc Race/Rally bugeye that I have used ain closed road special stage
tarmac rallies and
on the race track (including the Healey International Commeroratiive Race)
as well as club
and state level road race competition. An old description is at
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/redcar.htm
It has been considerably developed from that description.

1310cc/1293cc full race Midget (I have two engines for this - an A+ +0.040"
13:1 310deg duration cam,
and a +0.020" 11.5:1 300deg duration cam),  big brakes, *very low*, tele
shocks etc etc.

Both cars have high strength half shafts (different suppliers), high
strength uprights/stub axles, various
wheel/tyre combinations.

I also have a Huffaker built/prepped full race bugeye in the shed that I
haven't rolled out yet.

I compete in motorkhanas, hill climbs, road races, navigation and special
stage rallies. I've tried lots of
different go fast stuff, some works some doesn't. I've got rolling road dyno
printouts and graphs for a number
of setups, flow bench results for various heads. I talk to lots of other
competitors to find out what works
and doesn't work. I don't claim to be an expert on the topic, but I can
relay lots of direct from my
own attempts and indirect experience past on by others more knowledgable and
experienced than I.

I have lots of nice photos of spridgets, tall tales of competition, some
good video (I could show PAL VHS
or maybe MP3 video on a CD I could burn)

I hope to meet as many of you as possible!

Mike