Internet Ads

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Internet Ads
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:37:10 -0500
Two members of our MG Club purchased their cars via Ebay.  The first
individual (Joe) purchased a beautiful MGA from an owner on the west coast.
The individual selling this car provided numberous photos of the car and a
thorough description of it.  He even communicated via email with serious
bidders while the auction was going on.  Joe is very happy with the car and
the price he paid for it (including the cost of shipping it from California
to Florida).  The second individual (Wayne) bid on an MGB that was in
Northern Alabama.  The reserve on this car was not met, but Wayne was the
top bidder.  The seller contacted Wayne and told him he really wanted to
sell the car, but because of the money he had invested in it he had to get
at least the reserve price.  He asked if Wayne could come up to Alabama and
take a look at it.  So, the following weekend Wayne and I drove to North
Alabama to look at the car and after seeing it Wayne decided to purchase it.
I've also purchased several parts via Ebay and other sites.  I think the
Internet is a great place to find hard to find parts at reasonable prices.
I would only suggest that you be careful about who or where you are buying
cars or parts from.  There are crooks everywhere - the local auto parts
supplier as well as the internet.

Charlie O'Connors
Tallahassee, Florida