'79 Midget - Z-S carb rebuild

To: "Spridget mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: '79 Midget - Z-S carb rebuild
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:18:41 -0500
Hello again.

I'm working on getting My Midget to run. I mentioned before that the PO said
that it would sputter but not run. I found out why - the rubber fuel hose
between the tank and the fuel pump (the first one, near the transmission) was
missing - it had rotted and fallen off. No fuel, no run! Given that, and the
condition of many of the other rubber bits on the car, I decided to start
renewing stuff. First task is a carburetor rebuild. Which brings me to my
question: how in the world do you get a wrench on those two nuts holding the
carb to the manifold??!! Special wrench? Carb tool? I'm down to that last step,
then I can take the carb to the bench to rebuild it.

Thanks!

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu