Re: '79 Midget - Z-S carb rebuild

To: wmgilroy@avaya.com, cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu
Subject: Re: '79 Midget - Z-S carb rebuild
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:10:22 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/28/2001 3:52:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wmgilroy@avaya.com writes:

<< Having taken my carb on and off more times than I can count this is what
you
 need.  First get a 1/2" open end wrench (I am pretty sure it is a 1/2" nut.)
 Now turn on the bench grinder and grind most of the sides the head of the
 wrench making it skinny.  Now you can turn those nuts much better.  I used
 a Craftsman wrench, take you pick on what you use.

 Gilroy >>

Bill,
   Before you grind the sides off another wrench, Craftsman makes a thin and
long 1/2" - 9/16" open end wrench that is perfect for removing and tightening
the intake/exhaust flange nuts.  I have used this wrench for over twenty
years and it is still sold through their tool line.
Best regards,
Gary L