burned piston

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: burned piston
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:53:32 -0800
I forgot to mention that the pictures of the burned piston are both of the
same piston.  On the backside of the #4 piston, you can see the hole burned
at the top and between the 'land' between #1 and #2 compression ring.  On
the front side of the same piston shown in the other shot you can see that a
2" piece of the piston has been broken off.  It was nestled nicely in place
when the piston came out and fell away in my hand as it came out of the
bore.  Just to complete the damage, the wrist pin was badly galled in the
normally slip fit piston holes, and barely moved at all with mucho force.
The huge hole in the head gasket you can see in the photo was between the #3
and #4 cylinder.
Those of you who drove the Frostbite 200 with me and thought my car was
quick... wait until you see it with all four cylinders working!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1416965&a=10597779
(if you like to see post mortem photos)

Regards,
Glen Byrns