Re: burned piston

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: burned piston
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:18:28 EST
Hi Glen,

I spent a long time looking at your photos last night and was inclined to
suggest that the piston damage was not due to detonation or pre-ignition
rather a straightforward case of overheating. I was also going to suggest it
was number 4 piston that had suffered the damage.

BUT

After looking at a tuning book I have that has some photos of detonation
damaged pistons in it decided to say nothing.

However, now that I know it is definititely no 4 Piston  I am not so sure.
You might just want to consider some cooling mods like fitting a blanking
sleeve in place of the thermostat and blocking of the bypass.

You might want to consider some boost-retard ignition system or MG Turbo
metro distributor.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 01/02/01 09:54:49 Pacific Standard Time,