Igor!! Its alive--- ALIIIVE!!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Reh74bgt@cs.com, swconley@foxinternet.net, drdsupergas1@hotmail.com
Subject: Igor!! Its alive--- ALIIIVE!!!
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 21:49:08 EST
Frankenmidget returns from the dead!!

In a lurching, smoke bellowing, nothing even remotely like a lightening bolt
sort of way,on again off again project "1997-2001" staggered back into the
world of the living.

It took at least two donor cars and three years of excitement turning to
machine shop disappointment. (two cracked "core" cylinder heads and a
"overboring won't save this block, and the other block you brought us has a
crack in the cooling jacket")

What was once best described as "along with the purchase of this fine running
example you also get- as a bonus - that rolling chassis minus front
wings,bonnet and just about everything forward of the boot... which doubles
as a parts donor mouldering over in the bushes" which included the afore
mentioned cracked block and a cylinder head, (which were sitting on what
remained of the seats)

Thanks to my friend Ray who noticed a 78 Midget in the newspaper "tow company
impound auction" I managed to acquire all the remaining pieces needed to
complete the vehicle for fifteen dollars.... a good cylinder head, clutch
hydraulics, intake and an exhaust header pipe.
And only two miles up the road to boot.

Total investment at this stage including title and tags.... under 500$ (and
the paperwork was 70$ of that)

Now to get the clutch hydraulics bled, retorque the head, and rebuild or
replace the rear wheel cylinders... and go for a spin!!
Gary
75 daily driver
75 project car