Question for UK listers (car, not LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question for UK listers (car, not LBC)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 01:26:22 EST
Hello all:

This evening, I was watching a one-hour show on the Discovery Channel
featuring police video of pursuits, etc., mostly from the UK, and I was
wondering why almost all of the British police videos feature the speed of
the police car in miles per hour rather than kph.  You folks going soft on
the metric system?

Also, from the helicopter shots, it was easy to see many inner-city streets
with occasional areas featuring white squiggly lines on both sides of a given
lane.  What is the significance of these markings?  Mandated slalom zones?

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A