Re: Wasting Bandwidth?

To: "Michael O'Higgins" <roterhed@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Wasting Bandwidth?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:32:58 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Michael, I am not offended and do not feel a 'need' to reply and
do not have any wrath to hand out. So I am responding with cc to
the list, and IMHO it is appropriate for listers to occasionally
debate the quality and content their list.

I have three makes, three lists and about 100 emails per day with
50% clique claptrap. The worst offenders are the one wordisms
added at the end of a long copy. Then there's that curious blend
of the few big-healey/nose-in-the-air socio-political
commentarians/preachers, and u should have seen their defensive
free speech diatribe when I jumped on those who were continually
rude and personally obnoxious, (specifically to a newbie who had
the misfortune to have asked a dumb question - he then did quit).

It was nice to know about Amy and watching her on TV, but the
congratulatory stream after she won 32K kept my delete key very
warm. I guess it's kind of a head count.

On the other hand I don't want to become an Osakian - where they
have only 3 murders per year (out of 12 million) - oh how perfect
their lists must be!

Overall the political and personal attack stuff seems to have
tapered off, the witticism-mania on spridgets has hopefully
peaked, the mgs list continues relatively well balanced, and u
still get to 'know' the guys/gals a bit.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug