Re: Was LBC Related Questions idle band width wasting

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Was LBC Related Questions idle band width wasting
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 08:08:50 -0500
Cc: CNAArndt@aol.com, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bob -

You're kidding, right?

Yes, the "trailer queens" do get a lot of attention, in much the same way that
so many of the "beautiful people" in Hollywood get a lot of attention, but are
desperately lonely.  If cars could suicide, I'd bet that the trailer queens
would be dying off at a frightening rate.

I have neither contempt nor jealousy for those who own trailer queens, but I
certainly don't want to BE one!  Bill Frank gets my respect for having a
portable museum piece, and for being willing to trailer it to shows so that
people can look and learn, but then again, he has drivers, too, so he
understands what the cars are for.  My respect also goes to those who do a
concours restoration, then drive the car, understanding that they may have to do
the whole thing over again one day.

But OWN a trailer queen?  Not me, not in this lifetime.

Chris K.