Re: Tranny oil

To: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tranny oil
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:16:11 -0800
Cc: spridgets team <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Steven & Fellow Spridgeteers,

Motorcycle oil is specifically formulated because of [most all] bikes having a
"wet-clutch", which is similar to clutching discs in an automatic transmission.
 Which,
as you know, uses something (ATF of one type or another) other than motor oil.

What the MC shop explained to you is true in part, but even motorcycle oil does
not have
the "EP" (extreme pressure) additives found in transmission lubricants..
Personally
speaking, I use Red Line products in my LBC's.

With over forty years of motorcycle experience, trust me, it does make a
difference in a
motorcycle.

...now about those TII parts....

WFO Herb