Re: Help! SU frustrations!

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help! SU frustrations!
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:21:27 -0500
What model dist# and what model vac adv unit do you have.
The carbs you seem to have are designed for ported vac.
mech timing, vac adv, and mech adv will all fight each other
making it rough to get the idle down and stable.

The dist number is stamped on the body.
The vac adv # is stamped around the neck of the vac unit
right near the vac pipe connection. Give me those numbers
and I may be able to help.
(Also I'm just north of Annapolis if you can stop by with
it.)
:-)

you may want to check out
www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/advance_curves.htm