Re: questions???

To: SAUTHOFF PATRICIA JEAN <Patricia.Sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: questions???
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:19:39 -0800
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm not familiar with the Volvo 1600 motor, but I do know the B18, and
B20 are incredably well engineered 5-main bearing engines capable of
over 200K miles between rebuilds. If they are bolt compatible with the
1600 motor, and would drop right in, that may also be an alternative.
Also consider, if the car was modified to take a volvo tranny, there is
a 4-speed overdrive version for the volvo engines, wich is nearly
indestructable.

Just a thought.

But then again you could put back in the 948 that has 1/2 the
HP&reliability of the volvo engines.

 - Bryan