Re: Re:stupidity hurts.

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Subject: Re: Re:stupidity hurts.
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:00:39 -0000
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
OK, story time
'68 Spitfire, braking system removed for rebuild, i.e no pipe lines,
no calipers, nothing but rear drums.  Decided with 15 minutes to spare
that I was going to need some parts so hopped in the car to drive into
town in a hurry.
Pulled over by cops for speeding.
Stopped by crashing down throughgears and heaving on hand brake
Cop walked around the car, decided that as it had 4 wheels, and all
had rubber on the tyres, and a tax disc, that it must be ok.
Let me off with a "don't do it again son" warning  - he was having an
easy day and it was just about the end of his shift.
Completed the journey, and got the parts in time before the shop shut!

Guy