choosing a new mate

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: choosing a new mate
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:50:00 -0000
after reading a few of these stories i'm prompted toshare my how i decided
my second wife was "the one" that i was going to marry and keep!
my first wife was always so worried about what people thought about who we
were based upon looks.   too many cars and we obviously were running a junk
yard or used car lot.  my hair was too long and i must be a member of a
motorcycle gang.  my favorite jeans with a bunch of well earned holes and
patches were unacceptable for aroundthe house wear in case any of "her
friends" stopped by unannounced.  that knid of stuff.   and at one point i
was forbibben to buy or build another motorcycle of any kind (like there is
any other kind than "the one " i would own), and atthe time had none(oh, my
aching heart!).   so after she had decided my friend was the right guy for
her and moved out with evrything but my 3 cats and the unfinished nasty
looking project cars i had a plan!
i bought a decrepid nasty old 1970 harley and moved it right into the living
room of my house.   right where her chair had been.  i proceeded to
completly strip the bike down to a frame and build it back up right there.
during this process wich took over a year(it was a real rat!) i met and
dated a few what i thought were candidates to fill the position i had open
in my life.  i invited them to stop by and see where i lived.  and was
interested in how they reacted to my "living room furniture".  some were so
polite about their repulsion to my project .  some were absolutly turned on
by it(to my suprise).  but my now wife looked at it and said "is that where
it is going to live after it was finished?".  i said  no, i just wanted to
make a point and decided that this is where it had to be done, when it is
finished i'm going to fire it up and ride it out the front door then it will
live in the garage.  she thought it was cool!  and after a while she moved
in and she would watch tv and i'd watch tv too while i finished my bike!
now i have not brought anything like that into the "living area" of my house
since.   but i knew i had a "keeper" when she was not phased by my harley in
the living room.   now my 3 cats, did not like the harley's moving day with
straight pipes!    but they got over that (but not real soon!).   martha and
i have been together for about 10 years and married for 6 going on 7 years.
i personally do not choose to live in filth.   so she does not have too much
to worry about when she gets home from work each day.   but her tolerance
for my hobbies was a number one priority in finding mrs. right .   oh yeah
and i was a bit nervous about wiether she would say yes, when i took her to
disney world to propose to her!   (she had no idea!  he-he-he!).

chuck.
hey!  larry m. that's the bike in storage garage with my bugeye you saw.