Re: Sweet Sound

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sweet Sound
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:47:58 -0800
That 's sad.  I'm in the same boat.  My 11 year old daughter begs to go on
drives with me in the bugeye, but my 17 year-old daughter won't go near it.
I think she's embarrased to be seen in a car her friends think is cool.
Parents must never make the mistake of looking even slightly cool in front
of a teenager's friends.  It screws up their standard "my parents are such a
drag" rap. Having coached most of her friends in youth soccer since they
were tykes, she has a tough time with that story anyway.  She was mortified
when her friends visited and wanted to see "the cool cars your dad has in
the garage."

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye