flare shapes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: flare shapes
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:37:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: morris@autox.team.net
Got a question for someone.  I don't want to open up a wheel cylinder on the
bugeye to find the answer.
What does the receiving end of the fittings for double flares look like?  I
would think that the female would be shaped as a shallow concavity exactly
like the one you find in the male fitting.  The double flare ends up
compressed like a ball between two saucers, right?

As I continue tearing into the Morris braking system, I'm finding only
single flares, but the female at the wheel slave cylinders(made in
Australia) and the holes in the splitter that bolts to the diff, all have a
raised convex cone shape at the bottom of the holes that looks perfect to
seal to the single flares I find on the pipes.  Possibly the PO switched ALL
the fittings....?

Thanks,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye