Re: Caribou Canvas

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Subject: Re: Caribou Canvas
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:43:05 -0500
Cc: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Graziano, Michael" wrote:

> All,
>
> I haven't been able to get in touch with Caribou Canvas for the past three
> days.  No-one answers the phone other than that damn machine.
>
> Does anyone know if they are still around?  On vacation (contrary to their
> message)?  Or are they just not answering the phones.

Mike

I have not heard any positive remarks about their "customer service"
But their tops look great. The fit leaves a lot to be desired.
Apparenty he thinks Spridgets with fold down tops came in 2 sizes.
Small and large. Having taken apart many fold down top Spridgets, I can
assure you they are all the same size.
Make sure you order the "large" Midget top. I got a small one.
It takes 3 grown men to snap it in place. (the nice blue top you saw on
PIECES) it is tight as a drum because it was about 2" too short.
They do stretch, they are NOT canvas but a synthetic canvas look alike
material (that stretches)
When I noticed there was no way I was going to erect the top without
re-raking the windshield, I was about to send it back. The instructions
say "no returns if installation was started" So you can not tell if it
fits right untill you "start" the installation.
On the MG BBS there was a long thread about their tops. That's where I
found out he thinks there are 2 sizes.
When you get the top, you may want to drive down here, we can go see
Dave, he has all the tools to install a top. You just have to feed him.
He has the tennex hole punches, and that sort of stuff. It sure beats
trying to use a knife to cut oval holes.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ