1/2 sparkplug removal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1/2 sparkplug removal
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:16:20 -0800
OK Guys,
What we are dealing with is a riceburning Chrysler 2.6L, with a
sparkplug that was cross threaded (we think) upon installation (probably
with an impact wrench). Approximately 3/4 of the threaded end has broken
off and remains in the engine. Is there an easy way to get this removed
without pulling the head? This is an overhead cam transverse engine, and
pulling bits & pieces off is not a simple procedure. The car is outdoors
and we are in the middle of the monsoon season.
Is there a possibility that an extractor might work? The plugs are back
on the firewall side of the engine.
Hoping for advice,
Kate