Re: 1275 heads or STUDS

To: "Jon Paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 heads or STUDS
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:17:43 +1100
Well, I have flowbench results for the Longman GT6 head.
(as well as a few other heads)

I could post all teh results, but for now just the headline.

The GT6 flows a peak of 115cfm at 0.5" lift (this is inlet of course).

This isn't too shabby, but is a long way off the best heads. I now
have a head that flows 129cfm at 0.5". It is difficult to get much
more than that.

What does this mean? well as long as you aren't limited by carb
or manifold, the GT6 *should* require significantly richer needles.

FYI, a good 1100 race head will flow roughly the same as the GT6,
so with some block relief, it would make a good 1100 competition head.

Mike