AWOL Brake Fluid

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: AWOL Brake Fluid
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:14:17 -0500
I have not posted for awhile because I have been messing with a MGA
and the MGTC.  And, there was nothing wrong with the Midget!  Last
week I decided to take it out for its monthly MOC.  Brake pedal goes
nearly to the floor and the brake warning light comes on.  (70 Midget)
(It appears that one brake circuit is working)  A quick check
confirmed that the MC was low and I topped it off.  Another quick
check showed dry tires at all four corners, i.e. no obvious leaks at
wheel cylinders.  The area around and under the MC was also dry???  I
was not able to pump up any pressure on the pedal.  It continues to go
nearly to the floor with no resistance.  The MC has not lost any of
the fluid that I replaced last week.  This leads me to the obvious
conclusion that either someone broke into the garage and stole my
brake fluid or there is an internal failure in the MC.  I have not
gone off bleeding wheel cylinders yet.  I guess I need to do that
before I send $150 to Mother Moss.

Very strange, Larry