Basic Starting sequence

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Ken Will" <kwwill@uniserve.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Basic Starting sequence
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:28:28 -0600
Gotta have Three things to make it run....
1. Spark at the right time
2. fuel atomized at the correct ratio...+- ...
3. Compression

So lets assume you have the firing order right... if not it will be 180 out
and will pop and almost fire.... but not quite...

add a bit of Motor oil to the chambers to seal the rings.( two table
spoons )... you mentioned it hadn't run in a while.... all we are trying to
do here is get some lubrication on the bores.... and seal up the combustion
process we are about to make when we spin it over....

Then Honestly I start by making sure the float bowls have fresh fuel up to
about the right level and crank it up.... some of these engines are finicky
the first time they run after a prolonged storage... most of that is Ring
seal thou...  the oil will help.... but when it cranks off the first time it
may in fact foul the plugs....

Easy stuff really.... Fuel / Compression/ Spark at the right time... it has
NO choice but to run....

Keith