Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, ccrobins@ktc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:58:36 -0600
At 09:39 AM 2/28/2001, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>Most auto supply stores can order a rebuilt MC for you.  I got mine ('77
>Midget, same MC as yours) at Advance Auto Parts.  I was not very happy with
>the quality, but the price is usually pretty low, especially during a sale.
---------
         I bought a sizeable quantity of those master cylinders. Damn near
100% warranty. I think only 1 was good, maybe 2. Try taking one apart
sometime. Tell me how you can rebuild one and make several markups for
$39.95. Answer... you can't, and they didn't.
         Now I know what brake assembly lube is really for.
         Also, be aware of the oversized masters marketed by Beck/Arnley
and made by Roadstar-Nelson. Not surprisingly, standard repair kit won't
work, and the kits are virtually not available, right David C.?
Peter C