Re: Looking for a Bolt!

To: CNAArndt@aol.com
Subject: Re: Looking for a Bolt!
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:06:40 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
thanks to all who wrote,

The bike is vintage about 1972 - I'm guessing. The frame
is a lovely purple and chrome Lambert Professional
in original, unridden condition, with the infamous
breakable aluminum fork. Cranks are pristine. Just
missing 1 bolt.

The bolts in question appear to be 3/8 x about 20 tpi
with rounded crests (I think) and a greater thread angle
than on a US 3/8 nc bolt.
.
I held it up to a 1/4x20 and the threads were the same
per inch; I counted and got 15 threads on the
3/4 inch bolt which makes about 20 tpi. Guess that
makes it CEI (Cycle Engineers Institue/British Standard Cycle),
right? Where I gonna find one of those?

Chuck