Spring Fever (2)

To: "Mail List, Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spring Fever (2)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 17:49:33 -0600
I'm pretty new to this list, been lurking for a few weeks, and not even sure if
I'm sending this
correctly - this is partly a test of that, thanks for bearing with me.   I'm in
the Chicago
area, and this has been the worst winter in recent memory as far as being able
to get the Sprite
('68) out of hibernation for an occasional mid-winter warmup...it's either been
too cold, snowy,
or the streets were covered with Sprite dissolver (salt).    Well, it was sunny
today and felt
far warmer than the high-30's the weatherman said it was, and the withdrawal
symptoms were
pretty bad since attending the Brit Car Swap Meet the Chicagoland MG club does
up at a nearby
county fairground annually, so I couldn't resist trying to fire up the
long-dormant Sprite this
morning.   After a short time on the battery charger, I got in to turn the
engine a bit to build
up lube and pressure before pulling out the choke to really start it.   Darn
thing almost
started up before I even pulled out the choke!    After 9 years of ownership I
can still say
something I never thought I'd ever say:   That darn Sprite is darn near the
most reliable car
I've ever had!   I grabbed my wife and we went for a most enjoyable country
drive....which is
when I realized I'd developed quite a case of the above-mentioned spring fever.
  Hopefully
we'll get more weather like this soon.   For those of you less fortunate than
us...hang in
there!
   If you're wondering what the point of this rant is...so am I; I mostly
wanted to test the
method for posting to this list as I get it in digest form, not sure if just
replying works so I
may send this two different ways...thanks for the (bandwidth) patience.
...Sam Hochberg
'68 Sprite Mk. IV
'73 911 Targa
'97 Japanese Characterless