Re: 79 Midget: It starts, but...

To: toyman@digitex.net, cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu
Subject: Re: 79 Midget: It starts, but...
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 22:26:57 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/3/2001 8:50:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

<< I would go ahead and pull the tank and take care of the sending unit while
your there. >>

There is also a screen inside the gas tank that can become clogged with rust
and dirt.  When I was working on my '67 Sprite Rebuild about 3 years ago (and
still counting), a mechanic told me to take a screwdriver and open that
screen up by punching holes in it.  Of course that was after cleaning out the
tank.  Just a possible clog in the system to check.

--David C.