Re: 79 Midget: It starts, but...

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 79 Midget: It starts, but...
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 14:29:38 -0500
Mmm, no, I hadn't tried it with the cap off... good point! Although, I'm not
sure how well the cap actually does seal, given its age. ;-)

Assuming that the tank outlet is clogged, do any of you think that adding
something like Techron would help loosen/dissolve it? If the fuel gauge is
correct (a big assumption), then there was about 1/2 tank of gas in there
that's been sitting for 10 years. There was a nice layer of varnish in the
float bowl when I cleaned the carb - perhaps something similar in the tank?

Snow's starting to stick here too (Northwest New Jersey, about 1/2 hour from
Allentown, PA). The last weather report I heard said the snow won't stop till
Tuesday morning, and by then we'll have about 2 feet! Shoulda bought a
snowblower....

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
'79 Midget 1500