Re: LBC opinion wanted

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC opinion wanted
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 06:54:29 -0500
Hey Frank:  As shallow as my LBC depth may be, my vintage radio
background is way up there in the mediocre to good range, and I can
tell you the radio will need more than "a tube".  (If it was that
easy, he would have done it already.)  (But you already knew that,
didn't you?)  I don't know relative values, but the Metrpolitan is way
cool.  (Cool enough to get on the Jersey Turnpike for "a buck"!)
There is only one in this months Hemmings; asking $16,000.  Kevin V.
knows where one is that outta be real cheap.  Of course it didn't use
to be that way.  In high school, in the fifties, while all the cool
guys were tooling around in flathead Fords, the biggest nerd in school
had a Metro his daddy bought him.  It was so uncool I don't think he
ever had a passenger in the three years I knew him.  It was a Nash,
after all......and the only intrest attached to that marque was the
optional seating system in the Ambassador that converted to a full
size bed.  (Mothers often would forbid daughters to be seen in an
Ambassador.)
Larry