Re: SU Carb. needle info and CHARTS!

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SU Carb. needle info and CHARTS!
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:02:10 +1100
Cc: <NewNGsInfo@cs.com>, "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
yeah, but this is an art to do really well.

It is easy to do the plug cut, but hard to accurately
read the colour and match that to mixture requirements.

Tis more of an art than a science... Took me quite a while to
get it right back when I was racing production 2 stroke
motorbikes. You wanted it lean for HP, but not *too* lean
because you'd seize the motor. I got good at catching the
seize with the clutch long before I was accurate enough on
the plug reads!!!

Far easier, more accurate and *quantitative* to go to a
rolling road dyno where they know SUs or Webers or
whatever your preference.

Mike