Re: My new Bugeye!

To: "Dan Corning" <d-corning@home.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My new Bugeye!
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:09:56 -0500
Dan:  Welcome to the list and little Healeys.

Yes they all do and next it will begin popping out of first on
decelleration.  (I only say that because mine does and I would like to
think it is normal!)  If your'e a performance guy, not to worry,
shortly you will want to swap in a 1275 engine and a rib case tranny
and the problem goes away.  The smooth case tranny is not as robust as
the ribcase and seems to have a much shorter life between repairs. The
parts are more difficult to source as well.  On the ther hand if you
swap, you will loose the stump pulling capability of first gear and
the big gap between first and second!
Larry.