Re: Non LBC Age Barometer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC Age Barometer
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:47:55 -0500
I experienced (more than remember!) 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17,
18, 19, 22, and 23. However, whether you remember some of the list
items depends on where you grew up, not necessarily when!

>Age Barometer
>
>Count how many you remember...
>
>1. Blackjack chewing gum
>2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
>3. Candy cigarettes
>4. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottles
>5. Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
>6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
>7. Party lines
>8. Newsreels before the movie
>9. P.F. Flyers
>10. Butch wax
>11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive -6933)
>12. Peashooters
>13. Howdy Doody
>14. 45 RPM records
>15. S&H Green Stamps
>16. Hi-fi's
>17. Metal ice trays with levers
>18. Mimeograph paper
>19. Blue flashbulbs
>20. Beanie and Cecil
>21. Roller skate keys
>22. Cork popguns
>23. Drive-in
>24. Studebakers
>25. Wash tub wringers
>
>If you remembered 0-5  You're still young
>If you remembered 6-10  You are getting older
>If you remembered 11-15  Don't tell your age
>If you remembered 16-25  You're older than dirt!

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>