Re: LBC Trailers

To: Larry Cogan <woodrat@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: LBC Trailers
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:48:37 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry:

I built a small steel trailer out of 2x3" steel tube, .120" thick.  Simple
and strong.  I have an axle suspended under two single-leaf springs, on
15" wheels, so the deck is rather high, presenting the same ramp problems
you describe.  What I do: I use two of the drive-on service ramps and back
the rear wheels of my truck up these.  This tilts the trailer, and with
two short ramps, I get a straight shot right up the back.  It does take 4
wheel drive to get the truck up those ramps most of the time, unless I am
on a flat dry road.  Depending on your circumstances, it can make for a
nice easy solution.

Jim