Re: breaks out

To: SAUTHOFF PATRICIA JEAN <Patricia.Sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: breaks out
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:53:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
SAUTHOFF  PATRICIA JEAN <Patricia.Sauthoff@Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> On my way to school a few minutes ago my brakes went out.

What do you mean by "went out"?  Soft pedal?  No Pedal?  Scraping sounds?

Scraping could mean new brake pads will solve it.

Soft or no pedal means either the master cylinder is toast,  or you have a
break in the brake lines somewhere.  Is there fluid in the reservoir?  Was it
gradual or did you suddenly have no brakes?

I'd try and AAA it home, if you have a soft pedal.  Hand brakes just aren't
meant to stop someone during normal driving.  How far do you have to go?

Mike

///