Re: Roller T/O bearing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roller T/O bearing
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:59:58 -0600 FILETIME=[478DDA60:01C0AD58]
> What does the List think of roller versus carbon t/o bearing?

I considered installing one on my 71 Midget, but MG mechanics I've asked say
the thing doesn't last any longer than the carbon type.  Does anyone on the
list have a different experience?

The trouble with my bearing going out was the alignment of the fork lever.
DPO must have broken the original fork and welded up some bizzare lever that
didn't allow the bearing to seat evenly on the plate.  It wore unevenly and
wore out rather quickly.

Michael Knisely
'71 Midget

///