Re: Bugeye List..... 3.7 diff and 5 speed

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, midgetsprite@egroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye List..... 3.7 diff and 5 speed
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:42:58 EST
In a message dated 3/18/01 12:42:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, Daniel1312
writes:

> Impossible unless you have over 200 bhp.

Daniel -

I absolutely agree. The interesting thing about any computer program is once
a basic assumption (or formula in this case) is set up - it can be taken
beyond reality. This program does not take into account things like amount of
HP or airflow. So what works at the beginning, does'nt at the end.

However, ignoring the total speed row (which I only added for fun!), the
formulas are very helpful in selection of diff gearings & tire sizes to
achieve a desired rpm at various highway speeds; or showing the results of
tire selections based on appearance and not performance. For my own use I was
trying to reduce my RPMs to more desirable levels at highway speeds
(65-75mph), since that is what I travel.

But thanks for keeping us real.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano
59 Bugeye (even if I had the HP, 140+mph in a Bugeye scares the c*** out of
me!)

///