Re: Bad repair shop experiences

To: boxweed@thebest.net, kgb@clipper.net
Subject: Re: Bad repair shop experiences
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:25:46 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
We just had a problem with the auto shop next to my office.  We found that
one of their mechanics was charging a whole bunch of repairs that people paid
in cash, to my boss's credit card.  This included some of our employees.

When my boss went over his credit card bill, there were quite a few charges
that shouldn't have been there.  If it was the company card, he may not have
noticed, but this was his personal card.

The mechanic has been fired and I think, arrested.  Just one more nail in the
coffin of legitimate business.  And they wonder why they have a bad
reputation.  I guess there's no way for the average citizen to know whether
they are being screwed by repair shops.  You have to be very knowledgeable
about all things mechanical, and then you might as well do the work yourself.

BTW, the shop is Valley Forge Tire on Old York Rd in Abington, PA.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 3/18/01 10:29:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boxweed@thebest.net writes:

> Not necessarily......I've had similar occurrences and I'm a male.
>
> Bob

///