Request For Opinion

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Request For Opinion
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:37:37 -0500
I'm getting ready to put my '59 Bugeye in the body shop.  I thought I was
fortunate in that it came with 3 bonnets (2 metal, 1 fiberglass).  My
problem is this.  The metal bonnets are both pretty beat up and have some
rust.  However, the fiberglass bonnet is in good shape except for some
scratches and broken headlights.  Someone had recommended to me long ago
that I shouldn't go with a fiberglass bonnet - that it vibrates, does not
fit properly, and that it just doesn't look right.  But to restore either of
the two metal bonnets will require a lot of work (if they can be restored).
Anyway, I thought I would ask the opinion of the list.  Should I just go
ahead and use the fiberglass bonnet.  Or, should I try to restore the metal
bonnets for installation on my Bugeye?  Thanks in advance for your

Charlie O'Connors
Tallahassee, Florida
'71 MGB/GTs (2)
'59 Bugeye Sprite