Re: Request For Opinion

To: "O'CONNORS, CHARLIE" <coconnor@ersnet.com>, "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Request For Opinion
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:23:16 -0800
Charlie,

I think it depends on which fiberglass bonnet you have, and what condition
it's in. Have you tried the fit? I have a fiberglass one on one of mine and
the fit is as good an many steel ones I've seen. Also he vibrations can be
taken care of with adjustment and rubber isolators or stiffening in the
right places. The biggest problem to me is the surface appearance in some
areas, but that is just a matter of proper finshing. I think it depends on
color too. A white or light color will hide surface imperfections better
than dark colors.

If the fiberglass one is pretty decent,I would go with the fiberglass and
work on perfecting a steel one in your spare time that you could install
later if you wish. Depends on how much originality means to you also.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints